Wednesday, May 22, 2013

L&H for Galison: Labels & Note Cards


For the first time in six years, I did not exhibit at the National Stationery Show. As any exhibitor knows, the lead up to the show is nutty. There's so much prep work. So last fall when the deposit was due & my belly was out to Alaska, I decided to pass. Instead, I've been silently working on some new things that I'll debut this summer. (More on that later!) 

Towards the end of last year, I had the pleasure to work with Galison, a division of Chronicle Books, on some new designs for holiday labels and note cards - which I got to see in person at NSS yesterday. It was super exciting to hold them in my hands, and I can't wait to get some for myself! Sticker labels are SO useful. Especially when you give gifts to 19 nieces and nephews! When I was designing the labels, I purposely left a few blank instead of writing anything so that they could be used for labeling more than just gifts - addressing envelopes,  writing merry messages on wine bottles, lunch bags & gift boxes, or sprucing up plain gift tags. So obviously the labels are useful, but my favorite non-useful but fun feature of the label pack are the patterns on the inside flap - the candy canes, below - and then what I call the sweater pattern, which is used on the back. The whole thing is just so cute. Can you tell I'm so pleased with how it all turned out?! :)

They should be available for purchase soon - I'll be sure to let you know.







3 comments:

samantha hahn said...

oh cool. I didn't know those were yours. Glad to see them!! Lovely work.

XO,
Sam

Tommy said...

I'm digging these in a major way. I know I already commented on Instagram, but I'm catching up on my favorite blogs and couldn't miss this opportunity to say it again. :)

San Diego Wedding Places said...

Cute patterns!