Friday, May 24, 2013

Brooklyn Museum: Workt by Hand


Last weekend, the weather was pretty crummy here, so to help stave off major ants in the pants, we took the kids (kids!) to the Brooklyn Museum. John took Griffin to the archive room where you can pull out drawers and shine flashlights into the cases. He loved it! (Hands on stuff is always a hit.) I took Louise (who saw the back of her eyelids the whole time) to see the Workt by Hand exhibit featuring some beautiful historic quilts. I don't know what it is, but I'm gravitated towards quilts. I was in heaven looking at all the amazing hand work. I could have looked at them all day long. But of course, Griffin got hungry and Louise woke up, so we went to the cafeteria for a stromboli and a beer. :) 



1 comment:

San Diego Temple said...

Beautiful. I just saw some quilts at a 4th of July festival.