Friday, February 11, 2011

Menagerie by Sharon Montrose


I have a print of Sharon Montrose's hanging in Griffin's room and gave another to a friend.  I love her work (especially her baby animal shots) and cannot wait to get a copy of her new book when it comes out this fall.  Here's the sneak peek cover she just unveiled on her blog.  Gorg, no?

Have a great weekend, everyone.

xoxo

ps - how adorable is that baby porcupine in the middle?  Want to squeeze him.  But not.

[image courtesy of Sharon Montrose]

2 comments:

Dana said...

I think it’s sad that you are promoting the works of Sharon Montrose. This artist's recent work features exotic (and endangered) species as the focal point of her work (and without providing a proper explanation as to how she is able to acquire them for her personal use). I believe her work is inhumane. That’s all I wanted to say and I’m not trying to be abusive or argumentative. Just a differing view point.

Helen said...

Dana,
I think you're dangeroulsy jumping to conclusions here and I disagree with you whole-heartily. These beautifully captured images are not inhumane, but instead bring about positive awareness. My daughter has four of Sharon's prints in her bedroom and wants to be an "animal doctor" now because of them. As you say, a different point of view.