Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RIP iPhone


That's right.  Rest in peace, iPhone.  See ya!  Never wanna be ya!

I finally acted on my frustrations and threats.  Frustration in not reliably being able to make or receive a phone call from my couch, or on my block, or three blocks from here.  And threats like "I'm switching to a flip phone!" or "I'm going to throw you out the window!"  And let's not even talk about the amount of times I've apologized for dropping calls.  I used to make excuses: "Sorry, I must have hit a dead spot."  "Sorry, I'm driving. Service is spotty."  After about 50 of those, I started cursing myself:  "Sorry, I'm an idiot & still have this stupid phone."  I even told my friend to punch me in the face if I didn't have a new phone by the following week.

Well, that week was last week.  I'm now iPhone free and couldn't be happier.  I'm able to walk and talk - imagine that!  I will say that the iPhone is King of Pretty & I do miss that.  But with a 9 week old, when Pretty can't make calls, Pretty turns Ugly real quick.

This all said, if things go well with the iPhone/Verizon partnership in January, I might just have to switch back.  What?  I like Pretty.  :)

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I hope that Verizon and iPhone do make fast friends. I'm holding out myself.