Monday, November 9, 2009

Paper Chandelier



Ever since I saw these chandeliers in the Pottery Barn catalog, I've been dreaming of a way to incorporate our letterpress & offset printed misprints into our apartment - and specifically to a light fixture. We have two overflowing bins of paper here in the office & every six months or so, I get an urge to repurpose them. That's how our Redesigned line came about: gift tags, flower pins, & dress cards all made from our bins of unsellable sheets of notepad paper and letterpress misprints. I'm hoping to add Paper Quilts to that at the beginning of next year. In the meantime, I want to bring this redesigned paper concept to my home. I don't want to be surrounded by paper like I am all day here in the office, but I do love the mix of patterns & colors and would love a big-impact piece somewhere. I am skeptical about the thick cardstock working for a chandelier. And I do prefer the softer hues of those old pages with the black text. But I think I have to at least try, right?


[images courtesy of Pottery Barn]

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your idea! As much as I adore this chandelier with book pages attached, I could never tear up a book for interior design!

Tommy said...

You can totally do this--and probably even better! They have/had something similar in J.Crew stores, too, and it's a really cool look.

Let us know how it turns out, please.