Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paper Quilting


I've been spending a little time curled up on the couch this week - drowning myself in water & hot tea to try & shake this stupid cold. I took this old family quilt off our bed - & maybe it's my fuzzy head - but I couldn't stop thinking about quilts & quilting patterns. I haven't made a quilt since 2003 when I made one for my friends' wedding & I think it's time for another quilting project.


So last night, I took a break from reality tv (maybe that explains the fuzzy head!) & got out some paper scraps to make this little paper quilt. I glued the pieces on a piece of cardboard but next time, I think I'm going to sew them - I like the visable stiches. This measures about 7.5" - but I'd love to make a larger scale version - like 3 feet wide - and with way more colors. Maybe I'll get to the real quilting another time. I've got this paper version on the brain for now.

3 comments:

amber said...

In the meantime, it looks like you have an excellent buddy for paling around with while sick.

Feel better!

Jamie Z said...

I had t look twice after reading to make sure that was paper. The texture is so nice. These would be much easier to display than an entire quilt. Feel better soon!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

This is too sweet. I don't know how to quilt, but am dying to learn how. Someday...
XX Kate