Thursday, January 8, 2009

Valentines for a Good Cause


This paper doll valentine "card" is one of my very favorite things John has ever given to me. I love handmade and crafty valentines - the more construction paper, felt, and glue - the better. It reminds me of being a little kid in school when we'd each get a brown paper lunch bag with our name on it and fill each other's bags with valentines. I loved that! One day, when I have an office full of people, I'm bringing that back.

So, the reason for the early Valentine's Day post is that Tommy recently let me know about this cool fundraising project put on by fredflare.com where you make a valentine, send it to them, they sell it for $4 on their site and then give all proceeds to Elder Craftsmen, an organization based here in NYC that brings craft workshops to local senior citizens. So cool!! It's such a simple and great way to raise money AND to shop for unique handmade valentines. I can't wait to see what people submit!

To learn more about how to participate, visit fredflare's blog here. Submissions need to be postmarked by January 15 though - so get out the glue stick!

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Hey Liz! Thanks so much for sharing this on your blog!! I had no idea John was so creative. :)