Thursday, August 30, 2007

Off to See a Letterpress Shop


John and I are off to Frenchtown, NJ today to visit a letterpress shop. Alan has been kind enough to take us newbies under his wing and show us a thing or two about our little press and all of his. I'm so excited to see his shop and get printing on my press!

For anyone interested in letterpress, I highly recommend checking out briarpress.org if you haven't already. It's where Alan found me after I had posted lots of questions and invited me to his shop. I also met Elisabeth on there who gave me lots of letterpress advice, too. Everyone is very friendly and just wants to help everyone else out - even if, ahem, they are clueless. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

1 comment:

marta said...

oooh, lovely post. i adore letterpress and think the antique machines are amazing. thanks for the upclose & personal..