Friday, July 20, 2007

Artist Julie Goldstein




I'm headed to the Jersey shore for the weekend and while I'm there, I'm going to visit Long Beach Island, NJ - based artist, Julie Goldstein. Her work is fantastic - lots of beach/surf related images - but she has some great tree prints (I gave one to my brother & his wife for their wedding), people prints, bike prints and more. She can also custom design work as well. If you're on Long Beach Island, stop into the island's hippest restaurant, Blue, to see a whole collection of Julie's work. One of my favorite pieces of Julie's is currently on display at LBI's Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in an exhibition jurored by Starr Figura from MoMA. It runs through July 26th. If you can't make it to LBI, get in touch with Julie to see more of her work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz, I love your blog! I had never really checked it out until today when I was procrastinating from doing my work. I think that your nook looks fantastic! I'm jealous and inspired, but I don't know if my roomates would appreciate it....I just ordered your strawberry notepad by the way to remind me of summer during the school year when I'm stuck at my desk on a cold, gray afternoon....Thanks and keep doing what you're doing!